Wednesday, February 8, 2017

The heart goes on alone. feb.8, 2017

“This land, like so much of the French countryside, was a painting, but Mercier felt his heart touched with melancholy and realized, not for the first time, that beautiful places were hard on lonely people.”
― Alan FurstThe Spies of Warsaw


i now write our blogs alone.   My beloved Dan died last march 22nd and my heart aches every day.

i am on my first vacation without him, except for visits to kids or Jm or Laura.   Generous wonderful friends have allowed me to go to Sarasota, and Stuart, Florida.  I took them up on their offers and drove down here alone.
it's been fun, and i've decided to blog again, although it is so sad to  write this first one, alone.

i went to St. Petersburg on a rainy day, to the Dali musem, where they also had a Frieda Kahlo exhibit.   The Dali is as good as the one in Spain, although it didn't have the wonderful jewelry that was at the one in Figueres.

I also went to the Chilhuly Museum, which i loved!   His glasswork is gorgeous, dramatic, colorful.  all the rooms are dark except for the wonderful lighted glassworks.





No comments:

Post a Comment