Monday, March 11, 2013

The Lights on the Bay Bridge

So Paula, Lindsey's mom, came and got Henry today, she will have him for 3 days while we have some time.

Went into San Francisco around noon, had lunch at The House of Nanking, a GREAT Chinese restaurant.   Their food is very fresh, has many veggies in it, was just very good.
then Dan dropped me off around Union sq. and he drove to Haight Ashbury to go to yet another guitar store.  Dan is getting teased about having a mission and I am happy about that, because he always teases me about that!

Anyway, I had fun, and walked from Union Square to the SFMOMA.  Was looking for a gift for Henry, a book about how to find the hidden treasures in different pieces of art.  he is really good at these search and find books, but unfortunately, they didn't have it.

Dan picked me up and we went to the Asian Museum to see a special exhibit of The Terra Cotta Warriers of China.  it was a fascinating exhibit!   They had about 5 of them, but in China, there are at least 6000.   Just fascinating!

We then went to Harris's Steak house for dinner, and old fashioned great, great steak house.  It was my birthday dinner.  The waittress was so nice, I got  a little cake for dessert, but she also let me try the steak tartare, my sinful addictive food!

On the way home, we drove around a bit so we could see the new lights on the Bay Bridge, an art project thing that will only be here temporarily.  Oh dear, it was very disappointing!

No comments:

Post a Comment