Thursday, February 13, 2014

We get to Know the Girls Better

(Traverse City readers, enjoy the comedy Fest!   We are sorry to miss it, though we are happy to be out here.  Laugh heartily for us!)
We are getting friendlier with the animals here, who of course, care less about us but about the food we can provide them!  Anyway, they are fun.  We do, alas, think we have a sick little gal, one of the chickens though not sure yet.  She's sort of laying on the ground, not moving, unless urged.

Murphy 
Murphy the dog is a challenge. He is a beautiful Bernese Mountain Dog, but very shy, and very stubborn.  Little by little, he's letting me pet him, but getting him to come inside has been a challenge.  Still, he is such a beauty and we are determined to make him our friend.

We went up to Healdsburg today, to do a little wine tasting, and just to go there, as it's a very cool town.  Dan met a guy who owns a restaurant called "Wurst", turns out the guy is from Detroit, used to play bass with Ted Nugent, and his restaurant has all the Detroit goodies, like Dearborn sausage, Sanders Chocolate Ice Cream Topping, etc. He also has some classic Bass guitars on display.

Included is a video I took of the feeding this morning, it probably won't be the last one!

My sister in law is really enchanted by the chickens too!  

Here is Jesse James, the goat.  At first, I thought he was very aggressive, but now, he lets me pet him and he's really a character.
Jesse James
Dan is out in the hot tub now, i am too lazy to go into it, though i will soon.  There are frogs croaking or whatever they do out there, I do not particularly like frogs! 

And oh yes, I bought Dan a bacon cupcake today at a really good bakery in Healdsburg.  I have been reaidng about bacon desserts now for a while, but so unsure about them, so of course, Ibought it for him!   Umm, i tried it, not bad.  Dan is trying to give the bacon to Murphy to make friends.  Oh yes, I bought myself a homemade "oreo" cookie.  It is mighty good.  I will not share it.

No comments:

Post a Comment