Wednesday, April 6, 2011

Pat finally gets to NYC-March 25th

I was supposed to leave for NYC on my birthday, March 23rd.   Well, we had a blizzard up in Traverse City!   Aside from falling in a huge snow bank, and almost not being able to get out of the house or driveway, my flight was cancelled.  I was actually relieved, the thought of trying to drive 20 miles was not welcoming.  The only face to face i had all day was a Skype talk with my good friend, Lynn.   Dan too, later on.  Not my best birthday!
I also need to mention, however, how many phone calls i got.   All the kids----Adam, Matt, Melisa and Jay and Lindsey, Jim and Laura.  Jane called from Florida, got many cards.  I felt lonely, but very loved.

Finally got to NYC on friday, the 25th, and it went smoothly.   Hillary and Ken were coming in about an hour later, and they met us at my birthday pick restaurant, Armando's in Brooklyn.   We had a great meal again---i was torn, but ordered the veal instead of the lasagne.  It was excellent and i was glad i did.
Glad to finally be back in NYC, it felt so comfortable this time.  So good to see Hillary and Ken too.

No comments:

Post a Comment