Sunday, April 10, 2011

Taking a Walk with Bach and Sibelius

Took it easy again in the morning, then decided to walk the Brooklyn Bridge, which has been a goal.   The day was finally nice enough.   I walked from the Brooklyn side.  It was fairly crowded with tourists, but everyone was nice, taking each other's pictures.   It's not that long a walk, and really nice.  You can see a wavy building in the background, that is a building designed by Frank Gehry, an architect famous for unusually shaped buildings. Frank Gehry
I walked mostly all of it, then decided to wait for Dan to walk completely across it---saving my energy, but also wanted to see it at night when all the city lights are on.   I felt so inspired on the bridge, it's very majestic, and as I had my Ipod, I played 2 of my favorite inspiring pieces---Bach's "Little Fugue in G Minor" and the Sibelius 2nd Symphony, or part of it.   Of course, i then had to call my brother to tell him that, as we share a love of those 2 pieces of music.   It was pretty thrilling to see the Statue of Liberty while listening to them!
Later, Dan came home early, and I took him to lunch at the Chelsea Market.   I also took pictures of it.
Dan liked the market too, much more authentic than "Eataly", a very yuppie Italian eatery and Italian everything else that is nearer to the UES.  (apparently the "in" phrase for the "upper east side")
Afterwards, we decided to take the subway to the River on the Manhattan side, and walk across the Brookyn Bridge to our hotel from this side

No comments:

Post a Comment