Sunday, April 10, 2011

Another week in NY

This week was pretty busy for me. I went to Manhattan a couple of times, the Bronx, and Brooklyn. I also saw Caroline Kennedy at Barnes and Nobles, and Henning Mankell the next night at Barnes and Nobles. That same night I saw Toots Theilman at the Blue Note Jazz Club. The most notable things that I saw this week were in Brooklyn in the area of Bensonherst near Coney Island. There are large areas of Orthodoox Jews, Russians, Middle Easterners, and Latino's. It is very diverse and the schools are full. Neighborhoods in general are very well kept. There are meat markets, grocery stores, clothing stores, pizza by the slice, hot dogs, everything you can imagine. It was quite something. I also walked along the boardwalk in Coney Island, which is under renovation. That was interesting. The whole area is fascinating diverse and unique.

No comments:

Post a Comment