Monday, February 14, 2011

Wonderful Weather

Pat left on Friday, Feb. 11th for this winter's trip.  Stopped in Salt Lake City for the weekend first to visit Matt, Rachel and Isaac.   Got in late, went to sleep pretty much right away.   I finally got a good night's sleep, seems like it's been weeks!  I felt so relaxed.
Next day, did the usual routine shopping with Isaac and Matt, love to do this.   Then, went back and played with Isaac til  nap time, when Matt and I did errands together.   That night, they went out to dinner to celebrate Matt's Valentine's Day Birthday, while I baby sat Isaac.   We did a project together--brought stuff so he could make them valentines and a birthday card.  He got so caught up in it that, had to put on every little dot from the sticker page.   Later, we watched a movie.
Left the next day after breakfast for Alameda.
What amazed me there was the weather!  I've been there before in winter, but either because it was a glorious day, or because it's been so grey and cold at home, I was reveling in the weather.   The sun was so bright, the air was so clear, and it was warm.   The mountains were so clear in the background.   I felt almost jubilent, making me wonder if I had SADS in the greyness of Michigan!
Isaac was so cute.   two cute things, but mostly for us, I want to remember them.
1) I rented a bright yellow car, and Matt and Isaac rode in it to the grocery store.  Isaac said, "Hmm, it's been a long time since I've been in a yellow car."   (i'm sure he's never been in one!)
Later, when we were playing, he was making up a baseball game, with a made up bat.  I had a big ball, and he wanted me to throw it to him, so he said, "come closer, my dear." ! I asked him where he got that, and he said something about the wolf!   He must have just heard the story of Little Red Riding Hood.  He has such a funny sense of humor, will all of a sudden say something that sounds silly to him and he'll go"  that's so funny."
I miss him already.   He told me I was his "favorite friend."

1 comment: