Friday, February 18, 2011

waa, waa, I'd Rather Have Snow! friday

Since we aren't going to be here as long, we are trying to make the most of it and do things we love every day.
It is, however, raining out.  Raining, and raining.  And windy.  And cold.   I want to do a stairway walk, but it's not possible because of the weather, and my blisters.
I did go to jazzercize today and saw my old friends from there.  It was nice to get back to it, but after all my whining about missing it in Traverse City, I decided I prefer Zumba--it's not as structured, the music is better, and it's more fun.   But, I still like it.  I danced in my socks, no shoes yet!
Later, we decided to go into San Francisco to see the "Black Sabbath" exhibit at the Contemporary Jewish Museum.  www.cjm.org   It was a great exhibit that had all this music of Black Musicians singing Jewish songs.  My favorites were Johnny Mathis singing "Kol Nidre" and Cannonball Adderly playing the Sabbath Song from Fiddler on the Roof.   Very enjoyable.
It was, however, quite an adventure to get there.  Our trusty GPS brought us to the wrong location, their old location, it turned out.  We found street parking, almost an impossibility in this city, but we had to walk about 7 blocks to get to the museum.  Not normally a big problem, but since the maximum time limit was an hour, we figured we had about 20 minutes to experience the exhibit!  Dan was a good guy and went back to the car to add more $$$.  Plus, we walked there as fast as possible because of the time, but also, the rain and wind and cold were ferocious!   The wind kept blowing my umbrella inside out, so I just gave up on it and put on Dan's cap, as he had a hood on his coat.  It was FREEZING!   Plus, of course, my blisters were hurting.
We then went to dinner at a place called "Lime".  Do not ever go there!  It was very bad.  I had bought a Groupon coupon for it, so we were committed to it, and Jay and Lindsey said they liked it.   The coupon was for a Champagne Prix Fixe dinner for two.  It consisted of a bottle of champagne (this was very good, though neither of us love champagne) and 4 courses of small bites--very small bites, like deviled eggs, which did not taste good, mini grilled cheese sandwiches, mini burgers, and mini Caesar salad on a leaf.   Also desserts, which were fair.   The worst part was that the restaurant had no heat and it too was freezing!
I have no picture for today, but you should look up the link, that was the fun part.  You don't want to see my feet! Or, the broken umbrella!

No comments:

Post a Comment