Wednesday, February 16, 2011

Aching feet, barking doggy and Laughing Henry

I arrived in Alameda on Sunday, Feb 13. I got in earlier than Dan. Jay picked me up, we went to the house, got Henry and Lindsey, and went to see their new house.
Oh, i love it! It's 100 yrs. old, in really good shape. The floors are all inlaid wood, the staircase is mahogany, and there are many built in cabinets.
It is very large and there is much work to be done, however. They will love this, they love a project and work together very well.  Pictures will follow at some point.

Dan came in just in time for dinner, which the 3 of us made, with Henry looking on. He has a high chair he sits in, as he watches all of us cook, and tries to help out. 
we stayed there a few days, then moved to our Novato house.  This is a really nice house, near where we've been for the past 3 years. We are house and dog sitting. the dog is named Duffy, and we disagree on what breed he is. i think he is a yorkie, dan thinks he is a lapso abso. (Owner just told me he is a Maltese Alaskan Husky mix-Dan)  any ideas, readers? votes?
Anyway, Duffy is 17, and needs some coddling. he does not like us yet, but is beginning to. We were not very happy with him the first night, as he barked quite a bit, and we thought he had to go out. Dan finally just slept on the couch, not getting much sleep. I hardly got any either, as the barking kept me up, plus I was getting a cold from Henry, took some meds, which of course, jazzed me up.






Last night,  I got up and let him out, but i realized he didn't necessarily want to go out, he wanted to be in bed with us. over dan's protestations, Duffy finally got his way, and was quiet for the rest of the night. it is weird for me to have a dog sleeping with me, the only 2 dogs i have owned have been 140 lbs. and 90lbs, so getting in bed with us was out of the question! I fear i think of him as a cat!
We are settling in, of course it's taking a few days. i want to start my jazz. routine again, but I have blisters--on top of my bunions! Oh woe is me and getting older.   Just to kind to anyone reading this, I will not include a picture of my feet!

No comments:

Post a Comment