Thursday, March 10, 2011

Update from NYC

Well I'm back in New York. The trip here was pretty bad, it was delayed over three hours because of torrential rain in New York. Kennedy airport was only using one runway and many flights were backed up. The landing was also very shaky. Some of my colleagues were also delayed from Detroit, and in a plane that aborted the landing, and did a steep climb. They then landed somewhere in Pennsylvania for refueling. Overall it was a bad travel day in NY.
I finally grabbed a hamburger and got to my room at 1am.

The next morning I was up at 6am and on the subway by 7:30 to a school in Brooklyn. From there I went out to the Bronx, then back to Brooklyn. by the time I got back to my hotel room at 5pm I was exhausted. I just grabbed some food, and went to sleep early.
Tuesday was better, I went to the Manhattan Center for Science and Math. This school is over 150 years old. Quite a building, and a very good staff as well. That night Adam cooked spaghetti, so I headed over to his apartment, and ate spaghetti and watched soccer with him and his friend Anders. Anders is one of the photographers Adam works with, and he is from Copenhagen, Denmark. It was a very nice evening and the spaghetti was great.

So far this week I've been to the Bronx a couple of times, Brooklyn, and Manhattan. I never know where I'm going to be. This is the first time I have experienced Spanish Harlem, quite interesting. Tomorrow I'm back out in the Bronx, then back to the hotel to catch the transport to go back to the airport. Then home. I am really looking forward to being home for a week. After that I'll be back in NY for four more weeks.

No comments:

Post a Comment