Thursday, March 10, 2011

The Zoo!

Today, I took Henry to the zoo!  It's the Oakland Zoo and I loved it.  I may have been more excited than he was!  This is a great zoo.  Large enclosures, good animals, safe areas for little kids to walk or run around all over.  There are docents and employees all around too to be helpful   We saw the big animals first, the elephants,  camels, zebras.   Couldn't see the lions or tigers.   Saw birds and markeets?  They are cute, cute little animals I'd never heard of before.  We ended up at the Childrens' Zoo, where Henry and I sat on a bench while he had some ice cream.   We then went to the petting zoo which he loved, where he got to pet the goats who were so friendly.
Henry was very gentle with the goats, was really pretty well behaved, though he'd run ahead quite a bit so I had to hustle around, or put him in the stroller.   He only fell about 4 times, but he's so tough, he'd just cry a second then go on his merry way.   He seemed to really like the drain grates by the way, would just stand by them watching the water down below!
The other thing he loves is finding letters in anything!  Anything that is written.   The sign of the Children's Zoo, he'd run over and recite the "O" and then the others.   We took a walk the other day and he saw initials on the sidewalk, stopped and told me what they were.

No comments:

Post a Comment