Friday, May 11, 2012

There are No Straight Streets in Prague

Long day!   Morning spent walking to the train station, waiting to talk to the train tourist guy, waiting to talk to the other tourism place!   We needed to find out about trains to Salzburg, hoping we could squeeze in a trip to Cezny Krumlov on the way, but it won't work.  I got very annoyed wasting the morning doing this!
Finally, we were done, and we each went our own ways, probably a very good idea at this point!

I went to the Alphonse Mucha Museum. I loved it.  Alphonse Mucha  started the Art Noveau movement, an art period I love.   it was a small museum which I prefer---there was a movie about him that was about 30 minutes long, and it was very interesting.  it would show photographs of his models posing for his pictures, then it would show the art work that he did.   Very interesting.
Shopped on my own, and bought some pants designed by a Czech designer, bought some desserts for lunch for us, and headed home.
Stairway in the Museum of Cubism


Dali sculpture


After lunch here, we set out again to tour a few other museums.  Went to the Museum of the Black Madonna which is now a Cubism museum, as is the building itself.   Very interesting.  Then, went to the Municipal Building
, which was designed by Mucha.   I have to say this is the most beautiful building I have ever seen!

Mucha litographs
Baroque Building in Old Town Square
We then trudged to the town square where we sat and had a Budweiser Budvar Beer, which is the original beer, not the American version.   Decided to go to a small art exhibit on both Mucha and Salvador Dali.   Very good, again!    After this, we took a book ride on the Vistula River,  which is also known as the Moldau.  I didn't know that.  The ride was pleasant, not great, but nice to be on the water and it's a very warm day so it felt good to sit.

Dali of Dali sculpture
We are now back at the apartment, and yes, we are doing laundry.  It has been fixed, we hope, or we will again have wet, dirty clothes!   And, we have a new hair dryer.   And the air conditioning is working and the place is clean!  Yippee.
I can't believe this city--the design, the architecture, the colors are amazing!   I keep looking in the shops because of all the colors of the clothing and the merchandise.  Then I sit down to relax and I see all the colorful buildings built in medieval, Gothic, or Baroque styles.   I want to be taken on a photography tour of this place with a professional, who knows how to capture all this!
Pat

1 comment:

  1. Hi.
    They build good cars aswell. Skoda, owned by VW. Very popular here in Europe.

    ReplyDelete