Thursday, May 10, 2012

Is this Paris or Prague?

Mon Dieu, Prague is tres belle!   I keep feeling like I am in Paris.   It is quite a city. 
Here is a hint if you are traveling here, rent an apartment.  We are staying in an apartment which we got through Prague City Apartments and really love it.  It's in an old building in the old part of the city, near everything.   Very lovely 1 bedroom with kitchen and living room, complete with a washer and dryer.  The washer/dryer, by the way, is one machine which we will attempt to try to work today, but it is rather strange.
The management company is available 24 hours a day, and are nearby to answer any questions.
We walked and walked and walked yesterday, taking in the city, not looking at our guidebook yet.   I think I want to just savor the city and not worry about taking tours or knowing about everything I am seeing, at this point at least since we did so much touring in Poland.  Old town squares are everywhere with beautiful old buildings, churches and streets.   Cafes abound, as do the tourists!     Beautiful shops!   I feel store deprived after Poland, so I bounced from one to the other, while Dan was getting fatigued.   I want to buy some crystal here---we already bought some in Krakow and the prices here are way higher, which meant, I kept looking.


Had a nice meal at a restaurant that was on a side street and quieter, came back to our place last night, had a glass of Absinth, which one can buy here.   It was very good, and it didn't poison us!

No comments:

Post a Comment