Tuesday, May 8, 2012

Thank you, Sturmans

I just wanted to acknowledge all the really nice posts I've received from my family members.  It's always tricky to write a blog, as I don't like to appear braggy or pedantic, but I did want them to read about the trip to Kryni.   I want to publish some of the comments without using names.  Here are a few:
"I feel as though you're igniting for me family memories, plus a longing to learn more.  So you're our teachers, and it sounds as though you've had a fabulous guide to instruct you! Many thanks for doing this."
"Jim and I read your blog out loud to each other every night. Sounds unbelievable. If you go again maybe we can all go together."
"So enjoying your blog.  Trip sounds awesome"
i have received other comments too, but this sort of sums it up.
We are planning a family reunion next year, so it all sort of brings it home to us.   Our parents did not talk about their backgrounds very often, as they were concerned about acculturating, and probably had some shame of their roots, though I am not sure of that.  They did, however, have a sense of family loyalty.   So for us Sturmans, we have to piece together the past and keep it going for future generations.



No comments:

Post a Comment