Tuesday, May 15, 2012

It is not Claritan!

This is our extra day here and we decided to rent bikes and ride to a nearby town where there is a castle and a dancing fountain, in Hellbrunn.   It is allegedly close by, however, we didn't find it!   It didn't matter, we took a wonderful, long bike ride along the river through beautiful trees, quiet and peace, with the Alps in the background.  It was just lovely;  the bike path was very good, it seems to go a very long way.  Stopped at a few little towns along the way, just to look around, and got back on the path.
When we got back near the city, we stopped at a little park and had a snack, just sat there feeding the ducks.  Then, manuevered around the Old Town to find a sausage for lunch.  Finally found a market with a lot of food, so had lunch, which was a very good sausage.  Then, road the bikes to the train station to figure out our itinerary for tomorrow.  It was easy this time, as opposed to Prague, I am happy to say!  A very nice morning.
We came back and rested, and as I was resting, wondering why I am so tired, I realized i must be taking Ambien  instead of Claritan!  I will have to wait til I get home to check this out, but whatever  that little white pill is, I am not taking anymore of it!  I am stumbling around, not my usual energetic self.  Oh how weird.
We did go for a drink later, to this very cool wine bar near our hotel that we discovered the day we got here.  What the heck, what's a little wine on top of a sleeping pill!   I discovered a white wine there that I really like, it is Gurner Veltliner.    Very good, light and dry.    I haven't seen it in the States, but I will look for it.
Went out to dinner again at the place we went to last night.  We really had fun there, ended up sitting with other Americans because it was crowded and there wasn't much room.  It is always fun to talk to people when you travel.  Tonight we talked to some Americans as well as some Greeks. The food at this place is great, but I can't remember the name of the restaurant!
Back in our room, packed and got ready to leave early tomorrow.  Dan is actually watching basketball in German!   Now I ask you!

Tomorrow, off to Munich on the train, pick up the car and on to the Romantic road for a couple of days before we return home from Frankfurt.

One further note I am adding later, now that my head is clear-----I had to go to the bathroomm at one point, and of course, we were on a trail, so I walked off a bit to find a bush or tree.  Well, I found more than that, here is what I found!  It stopped me at first, but then, it didn't.


Pat

No comments:

Post a Comment